Thursday, December 9, 2010

Family Traditions

    The kittycats family has many “family” traditions.
    AS I’m sure all of you do. Right?
    Some of mine were passed down from my mother and some are ones we started just for our family.
    I soooo love to hear about other people’s traditions. 
    So I thought I would share some of mine with you.
    Then you can share some of yours with me.

    Who knows maybe you might pick up a new one.
    I know when the sportsman first joined my family; it took a little bit of getting used to “our” traditions. Anytime you have a blended family, it’s a challenge.
    So here is a short list of some of my family tradions.
      - Thanksgiving weekend we decorate the outside of the house;
    -    We always decorate our christmas tree with a “theme”;
    -    December 1st we always go out and cut down our own christmas tree and decorate it (while drinking hot chocolate and pepperment schnapps);
    -    We buy hallmark ornaments for the entire family;
    -    We drink egg nog and rum from Thanksgiving till New Years;
    -     The monopoly board game stays out on the kitchen table from Thanksgiving through Christmas;
    -     Christmas eve we always let the kids open one present each before they go to bed;
    -     Every other New Years we have a Adult party then a kids/family party;
    -    We take a family photo every year in front of my moms fire place;
    -     Every Christmas eve the sportsman and I have sex after the kids go to bed and then put out the milk and cookies;

    Sounds like we do alot of drinking. Funny huh. Not really. Just what is necessary to get thru the holidays.
    Ok, so that’s a list
     of some traditions
    we celebrate, now it’s your turn.
    To share yours.
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/12/family-traditions.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment