Sunday, April 3, 2011

Off to see the Wizard

    The Wizard of Oz has always been one of my favorite movies.
    I know for some kids, this movie is a little scary.
    The witch to be exact.

    Not to me.

    I never found her to be "scary" I saw it as a challange. I wanted to see bad ass Dorothy kick her bitchy ass.

    Anyways, theres just something about traveling to some place mystical in search for a "miracle".

    Everyone can relate to that.
    To be given a pair of "Ruby Red Slippers" that wards off all evil.

    Who the hell doesnt want that.

    At some point, weve all been in search for a miracle.

    We all want to go to "OZ" to see the purple horse.

    I myself have been on a journey to see the "Wizard".
    So to speak.

    One of my favorite parts in the movie is where they are in OZ and travel down that lo n g corridor to see the Wizard.

    and Toto pulls back the curtain and the Wizard says "Ignore that man behind the curtain".
    Cause if they knew he really didnt have any mystical powers, well then their long journey was for n o t h i n g.

    When ulitmately not only was it a dream. but truth be told you really just need to look within to find your miracle.

    This movie is an inspiration. To remind people to keep going. Keep looking and never give up.
    Eventually you will find that "miracle" you seek.

    Now in my case there still is no cure for my disease.
    but
    I have been in remisison for a year now.
    so,
    Its hard not to look at that as a Miracle.
    So heres to an amazing movie.
    That has helped me keep dreaming that some day there will be a cure.
     
     
     
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2011/04/off-to-see-wizard.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment