Monday, November 23, 2009

Slickery


    I'm sure how to approach this subject, but here it goes.

    Just an FYI, this is a real word. I swear,  I use it all the time.  Until recently. One of my friends, thought it would be freakin funny to look it up on "Urban Dictionary", since sometimes all the time they have too much free time on their hands, and because they thought I was making it up. 


    Here is what is listed as the definition of my word. 





    My first thought was can this be for real? I didn't just make up this word, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the real definition.  They got a huge laugh out of this and it became the office topic for quite awhile. That "W" girl, is such a potty mouth. So not partly true. Well maybe some times.


    My bigger concern is how many ppl visit this sight, that have heard me use the word before. Cause I have to say, seriously this is not how I reference this word.


    When I use the word slickery, it's to described things like:


    the road was slickery;
    those pants you have on look slickery;
    my glass is slickery on the outside;
    those shoes look slickery;


    However, now that my friends have learned of the "Urban Dictionary" definition they give me crap all the time. 


    I have now been reduced to not even using the word anymore. So it has now been put out to pasture.

    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2009/11/slickery.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment