Monday, November 9, 2009

Collectables



    Everyone has them.


    You know you do.
    Whether you started the collection yourself
    or someone else started it for you.
    You have one.




    I personally have started multiple collections for my mother. Which by the way, she has asked me to STOP with the collecting of crap. (It's not really crap)


    You know there are a million different things out there that you can collect, but I just don’t want the clutter in my house. What blows my mind is the things people find “collection” worthy. I have a friend at my old job who collects frogs and boy does she have a shit load of frogs. At what point do you say “what the heck”? I wanna know, is there a freakin No. that you reach that you finally say “hey, I think I might have too many freakin “frogs” or is it after you have a whole damn room full and you cant even walk in it that you decide you have too much??


    You know you can even get into the Guinness book of world records with a collection.


    I personally only have 1 collection, mini snow globes. That doesn’t take up a whole lot of space and I have pretty much stopped after I have collected one for each holiday.


    My son however has started a collection of nutcrackers. He started it when he was younger. Now that he is older, I am not really sure what the continued attraction is. Is there something wrong here that a teenage boy likes to collect nutcrackers? Don’t get me wrong he has many other collections of stuff that I find very manly. I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about.


    I’m certainly not putting down anyone’s collections, just curious on how some people get sooooooo out of control and or obsessed with collecting.Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2009/11/collectables.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment