Monday, January 10, 2011

Girlfriends PAST

    I have this Girlfriend from HS that her name is the same as mine, but spelled differently.
    We were the best of friends in High School. Then I ran off and got married and moved to California.
    We won’t get into what a dumbass thing that was. A subject for another time.

    So I havent seen this friend of mine since HS.  Until recently.
    I’m sure your thinking that if we were “such” good friends why then didn’t we keep in touch?
    You know I think the biggest reason is I ran away. I ran from my parents, my life, from everyone.
    I didn’t want to keep in touch. I wanted a new life. I was being childish. Hello, I was 19 after all.  What do you know at 19? Let me tell you, not a whole hell of a lot!
    SO here we are 20 years later, reconnecting via that damn FB.
    I have to say just the few times we have been out, It seems just like HS all over again.
    Like we were never apart.
    Now I remember why we were such good friends.
    She is an amazing person.
    We have recently been out to the bars together, had coffee and went to lunch.
    I can’t get enough of her.
    She is sooooo beautiful, funny, smart, fun, and a million other wonderful things all wound up in one small girl.
    I am a big believer in when you find a friend that is worthy of my trust then I go all in.
    If you can’t go all in, then I’m OUT!
    I recently had to let go of an old friend.
    Who, by the way I had been friends with since our boys were in kindergarton.
    I didn’t want to, but I have tried and tried lately and just have not gotten what I need from this friendship. They shouldn’t be so hard. Making a friendship work.
    I seem to have a problem with giving MY all and not receiving what I feel I deserve out of a friendship.  Especially this one.
    No,this new but old  friend is not a replacement, but I see it as Gods timing.
    Since, reducing stress in my life, is a good thing.
    My new but old  friend, and I were brought together again for a reason.
    Not sure just yet
    what that is,
    but I am
    totally enjoying her company.




    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2011/01/girlfriends-past.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment