Monday, January 24, 2011

The anxious KittyCat

    In the last week, I have allowed my anxiety to take over my life, a g a i n.  I say allowed cause I have the choice to allow my fears to effect me.
    I wake each morning dreading all of my fears.
    Things like,
    • Interacting with friends;
    • The drive into work;
    • Waiting to hear from someone;
    • Food I will or will not eat;
    • Dealing with unpleasant things;
    • My health;
    Anyone who has ever experienced anxiety issues knows what I am talking about it. The fears completely take over you.
    I catch my self, holding my breath like that is gonna ease my fears.
    I get this pain deep in the pit of my stomach, and then I break out in a cold sweat.
    None of it's good shit, and it all sucks ass.
    I have not had anxiety issues in over 8 months. Until……………………………….
    Well, this last week.  I know what the cause of it is. 
    And have been choosing not to deal with the issue at hand.
    I have had too much on my plate. I have been trying to deal with too many things that are not within my control.
    I can not take any medications, there for dealing with my anxiety is somewhat of a big deal. I can’t just pop a little pill and make everything all freakin better.
    It sucks.
    I have to do things like mental soothing and breathing techniques to help me get through it.
    Ultimately I have to deal with what is bringing on my anxiety.
    Confront it head on. 
    When it would be a hell of alot easier to just sweep it all under the rug.
    I made a decision last night to not allow this to happen anymore.
    I am going to attempt to take back control of my life, and not allow anything to affect me negatively.
    It’s not easy being me.
    but
    I choose to try and make a change.
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2011/01/anxious-kittycat.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment