Sunday, February 28, 2010

Bully's



    I know everything happens for a reason. What I really want to know is the reason behind why my kid has been bullied since he was in grade school. WTF!!!

    Sometimes this makes me question God.

    Let me just say that, when schools toot their own horn about being a “Bulley Free” school they are most likely full of shit.

    Is it my childs fault that he has always been just a little bit smaller than the other kids his age? I mean hell that’s genetics, there is nothing he can freakin do about that. Is it cause he’s a “pretty boy”, or cause he dresses too nice or maybe it's his natural athletic ability that makes other boys jealous? I do not know.

    What I do know is the constant bulling since he was young has made him become someone who wants to just blend in. Does that not break your heart.


    As a parent you can only do so much. I have had many dealings with the school and teachers, because if you get too involved then you actually make things worse. It is such a helpless feeling as a parent, to not be able to protect your kid.

    My son is now in High School. It’s his first year. He went out for soccer and made the JV & Varsity team as a freshman. Pretty good right? He also makes really good grades. One would think, what’s not to like.

    The reason I am writing about this is, in the past the bullying has only consisted of verbal abuse. Once in Jr. High he got shoved. Well last week my baby, kid, son got jumped in the parking lot at school. In the area of the buses. Where all the freakin teachers are supposed to be to keep an eye on things.


    Well………… Where the hell were they??

    Once again someone dropped the ball in doing their part. I know, I know High School is a new ball game. I get it.

    My son isn’t so small anymore in size but still smaller than most his age.

    There is no feeling in the world like the one where your child calls you at work to tell you they have been hurt by the hands of another human being.

    As I got this phone call, my mind was reeling. I am 30 minutes away from home. I’m racing there with all the “what if’s” going thru my mind. Knowing how long it will take me to get to him.

    What if there is internal bleeding?
    What is he has a concussion?


    And then the


    How embarrassing for him. To have this happen in front of everyone.

    In the end, I took him to good ole urgent care, who wouldn’t see him since there was going to be a police report involved. The told us to go to the ER. I don’t know about you but I am a frequent flyer of the ER cause of my health. So my family it all to familiar with the length of time it takes to get seen. Then there is the now increasingly expensive co pay of $200.

    So as my son and I sit in the parking lot I look at him and ask him what he thinks. I do my own assessment of how he really is.
    Can we avoid the ER?

    Yes, this is freakin sad. That the world has come to this, where we can’t afford to go to the ER, unless your freakin dying. We are not poor by any means. But when your co pay is $200 dollars you better be dying before I am walking thru those doors and paying them that kind of money to sit and wait to be seen for 5 hours minimum.

    I am not a bad mother. I am actually one of those over protective mothers. I would take my son if he really needed it.


    So he didn’t have a black eye. He only had one cut and it didn’t need stitches. It appeared he didn’t have a concussion or any internal bleeding.

    So we went home.

    Of course I still watched him like a hawk the whole night. That is the freak in me coming out.

    In the end I got with the school, met with the principal. Reminded them of how much their no bulling program sucked and then pressed charges against this other kid. Only after I asked the police officer what will happen if I were to press charges.

    I wanted to make sure that this child would be taught a lesson and get help to deal with his obvious anger issues and called it a day.I do know that the school ultimately is not the only one at fault. The parents of these kids are the ones that are also at fault.

    I know shit happens for a reason.
    But
     it doesn’t make it any easier
     when the shit happens
    to your baby.

    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/02/bully.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment