Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Anonymous, is that a bad thing?

    What does that really mean?









    Since I am so BIG on definitions, here is what it says:

    Anonymous


    1. Unnamed: whose name is not known or not given "the anonymous author"
    2. Name withheld: with the performers, maker's, or creator's identity withheld "an anonymous letter"
    3. Indistinctive: lacking individuality or distinctiveness
    4. Preventing identification: obscuring somebody's identity, or allowing somebody to go unnoticed


    # 4 is so totally me! The anonymous letter writer.


    I have written a few gazillion anonymous letters in my life time. No, I was not stalking someone.
    Shame on your for thinking “ I ” could ever be a stalker.


    I am sure the reason I have chosen to write anonymously in the past is because of the repercussions, if my identity was found out. Not necessarily what would happen to ME, but more of what would happen to my kids. In the extremely political world we live in, I have found that sometimes there is no other way to accomplish what needs to be done without doing it anonymously. Wouldn’t you agree?


    Mostly I have written letters to my kid’s schools, their Elementary School, Junior High, and now High School. I think for me, writing letters is in the best interest for everyone who has been/would be involved. I am one of those parents/people that can be a bit of a hot head when it comes to issues that I feel I/my children have been wronged in some way.


    I would never want someone to get fired over something that I brought to the schools attention; however I would expect that like in any business that issue at hand should be examined and dealt with in an appropriate manner. Not swept under the rug. That way it won’t happen again in the future. That is really all anyone could hope for in a bad/unfair/unethical situation. RIGHT! ?


    As for my blog, I haven’t really decided yet, if my reasons for continuing to be anonymous here are the same as they were when I first started to write. More than half the people that do read my blog already know who I am (well maybe not completely). I also suppose that with the internet now-a-days, if someone really wanted to find out who I am they could.


    Maybe in the future I will reveal the “real” me. Not that I am trying to be “mysterious” or anything. Just not sure yet. Right now I am comfortable with how things are. My whole point in starting this blog was a way for me to vent, chill, destress, make new friends and oh yeah, stay out of trouble.


    So far, the above is working for me and I am a firm believer in don’t try to fix what isn’t broken.
     Hence the fact I am not married to an engineer.

    That and I’m a complete control freak!
    So there you have it in a nutshell.
    Key word, I am a freak!
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/02/anonymous-is-that-bad-thing.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment