Monday, February 22, 2010

It's Not Personal

    “It’s not personal”.
    Who really says that? I’ll tell you who, someone who is an ass, cause you know damn well that 99.9% of the time it was personal for someone.  It just wasn’t personal for the person who was saying it.


    I really hate when people say that. How rude!

    Why would someone really say that to another human being? One can only assume lack of respect or they just don’t give two shits about the person they were saying it to.

    Which brings me to the word “Respect”. I will repeat what I tell my kids. You don’t have like someone or even agree with them, but you do have to be respectful towards them.

    How do you respectfully tell someone “It’s not personal”?
    I don’t think it’s possible.


    Wouldn’t it be nice if the whole world operated that way, treated one another with respect. However, reality is people are just mean shitty pathetic sometimes.

    I don’t claim to always be a nice person. My biggest fault is being brutally honest when asked for my opinion and even sometimes when I’m not asked for my opinion.


    I am not afraid to speak my mind. I know I could probably use a filter sometimes on the things I say, but I don’t intentionally set out to be mean or make someone feel bad, by any means.


    Soooooooo back to the kind of people who say “It’s not personal”. When I hear someone say those words I want to run right up to them and give them a big dose of reality.


    You thought I was going to say I was going to kick their ass. To be honest I was thinking it. However I would never do that. Seriously, for real. I am 40 you know, getting into a fight at my age could be very damaging. Brittle bones you know.


    So next time you are in a situation where someone says,
    “It’s not personal”
    I recommend that you tell them
    to go fuck themselves and
    then give them a big smile.
    Also tell them that Jesus loves them.
    I bet that will forever change their life.
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/02/it-not-personal.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment