Saturday, February 27, 2010

BoSu

    I’m here today to Pimp the “Bosu” ball.


    I have seen ppl in my gym using them, and I thought they looked interesting. Of course with the germ factor there is no freakin way I would use one that everyone else in the gym has gotten all there hairy sweaty bodies on. Then a runner friend of mine said her physical therapist had her using one and so she bought one.

    I was definitely intrigued, but I wasn’t really sure what they were used for. Duh, yes I know they are for exercising. I’m not that stupid. I already have a “Yoga” ball at home. I use it on and off. So why would I really need another “ball”, and a half a ball at that.


    So I had mentioned this to my sportsman maybe 2-3 times. Just in a casual convo, but at no point did I go on and on about really needing one. Then my fav holiday came around (Valentine’s Day) and my sportsman bought me one. Let me just say they are not cheap. Anyone who has been somewhat interested in them knows this.

    This present completely surprises me; first off we had already agreed that we were not buying each other anything this year. Just a card, was what we discussed. So to say I was surprised was an understatement.


    I finally get the ball out of the box and get it all blown up, and decide to give it a whirl. Let me also give this very important disclaimer. You should not allow your small dog (Chihuahua) to get on the ball with you. It stats specifically that small nails can pop your ball and for what this sucker costs I don’t think anyone wants their ball popped.

    Did I mention that it came with a workout video also? So I decide I’m gonna give it a go, for a few minutes. Just to see how it works. Next thing I know, I’ve gone thru half the video in my t-shirt, underwear, and bare feet.

    I however don’t recommend for beginners to use the the “Bosu” ball without clothes on. At least until you are better at your balance. Otherwise you’re looking at some nasty rug burns from falling off the thing.

    So my sportsmans walks in and is dumb founded that this is what I chose to work out in. Now honestly I didn’t “choose” that to work out in. I was only going to watch the video for a moment. It’s just the exercises seemed so easy that I just got caught up in the moment.

    Let me just give you this other warning , for first time users, be very careful not to over do it on the first day. It is sneaky like that, where you think it is so easy and then BAM, the next morning you can’t get out of bed and you feel as if a bus has run you down.

    This is all due to the use of muscles that haven’t been used in oh, let’s say a decade (at least for me).

    Don’t worry though; you should fully recover in a day or two. I’ll have to get back to you on how “quick” you will see results.
    AS I haven’t seen any yet for myself.

    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/02/bosu.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment