Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Open up your mouth and say ahhhhhhhh

    My little four year old nephew “S” loves his snacks. I think he gets that from his auntie “M”.
    I think pretty much since he learned to talk, he started asking for “snacks”. Way, too cute. Anytime I am on the phone with my sister I can hear him in the back ground asking for his “snack”.



    My house is the house of snacks. Everytime “Little S” comes to visit he goes right in the kitchen and squats down to eye level to check out what is on the island and says “um, aunt M” can I have one of these. I have sooooo many snacks, you wouldn’t even believe it if I showed you a photo. Of course I tell him to go ask his mom, but I almost always give him a snack.


    One would think I have small children myself, because of the huge snack selection I have. The snacks we have are mostly for me. My kids eat some of them, but mostly just me.

    I am even known at work as the “snack lady”, (I don’t know that I like that, kinda reminds me of a bag lady?) since I have the most snacks. You know for just in case. Yes, there is always a reason for snacks. Snow storm, tornado, and/or power outage. It can happen people. You don’t have to be jealous; I am just more prepared than the rest of you.


    My huge supply of snacks is why, but does not excuse the 20 something kid that sits next to me who is always asking me if I have any “extrasnacks he can have. This is partly my fault cause in the beginning when he first started I felt sorry for him. However 20 something’s are no different than feeding a stray cat. Once you start feeding them, they never go away.


    So here is my daily snack routine. There is the right after breakfast snack, the right before the gym snack, and then the 3:00 snack. Sometimes if I miss the 3:00 snack I will eat one at 5 on the way home.


    Yes, I know that seems silly if I am going straight home to fix dinner. My reasoning behind the madness is the same as if you go to the grocer on an empty stomach. You always buy way too much food, cause your tummy’s hungry. So if you snack 30 min before dinner, you won’t be starving. Then when it’s time to sit down and you tend not to over eat.

    I know that seems like a lot of snacks in one day, but really it’s not. I don’t eat a big breakfast or lunch. All my snacks are mostly healthy ones. On occasion I have purchased a very delicious cookie from the cafeteria.


    They (who? I’m not really sure) say you should eat multi small meals a day anyways. This helps out with your digestive system.

    So if your interested in trying out my “daily snack schedule”. I can give you a list of the healthy snacks I eat everyday.
    Try it, you just might like it.
    Change is good.
    Old routines BAD.
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/02/open-up-your-mouth-and-say-ahhhhhhhh.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment