Thursday, February 3, 2011

Little WHITE Lies


    So recently we had the opportunity to get some cheap tickets to go see our local in door soccer team play.
    So I asked my sister if she would be interested in taking her kid(who is 5 years old) to the game. 
    My nephew thinks the world of soccerboy.  He thinks his cousin is the most amazing person around.

    And the fact that they both play soccer, well now that is just the bomb.
    (did I mention we send weekly letters/cards to my sisters kid with photos of the soccerboy in it and that he takes to bed with him- he thinks that much of the soccerboy)
    So we agree to take the boys to see the soccer game. 
     The soccerboy really went just cause he knew it would make his cousin happy.
    We get there and get all kinds of food (seriously one of everything they are selling, including beer).We sit down and the music starts to play.
    Now this is one of my fav’s about indoor soccer. They play music during the whole game.  Plus it is very action packed, what with all the slamming people into the walls and all.  Gotta love it. Kinda reminds me of hockey, which I also love.
    So here we are sitting, eating, and waiting for the game to start and my sisters kid is bouncing all around and singing to all the songs that are on.  Now mind you he is 5 years old, but he knows most of the words to these songs.
    He does this thru the whole entire game.  Meanwhile the soccerboy starts seeing other people at the game that he knows.  Old soccer team boys.  So now he is totally embarrassed that his nephew is wild all over dancing to the music.
    I personally was laughing my ass off. I thought it was awesome that he knew so many songs, at age 5.
    So, my sister and nephew leave a little before the game was over. At that time our team was NOT winnng.
    Bummer I know, our goalie kinda sucked ass. Ok so he really sucked ass.
    The next day I get this voice mail on my cell when I’m at the gym, from my sisters kid mumbling something I can’t freakin understand.
    So, I call him back.
    My sister proceeds to tell me that when they left the game that my nephew cried most of the way home, partly out of being so tired but also cause he was sad cause his team lost.
    So he was calling me to see if our team really lost. 
    So my sister and I agreed that I would lie and say our team won.
    So my nephew gets on the phone and says, “Auntie kittycat did our team win”?
    And of course the awesome aunt I am say,
    Yes, Yes they did. I then hear him turn and yell to my sister, “MOM, our team did win”.
    So, he then asks me what was the score. Well hell, I don’t freakin remember.
    Did it really even matter? After all we really lost.  So I tell him that it was 8.
    You know what that little shit said to me? He says, “Auntie kittycat the other team had 13 when I left”.
    What the fuck! How did he remember the damn score. Seriously.
    So I mumbled something about not really remembering the final score.
    In the end he had a good time, with the music, the dancing and thinking his team won. 
    I think there is a possibility that he will want to go back again. 
    The soccerboy, maybe not so much.  Consider that his good deed for the year.

    So sometimes it is ok
    to tell
     a little white lie.
    
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2011/02/little-white-lies.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive