Monday, August 9, 2010

Important WORLD Issues

    I know that I have not spoke in awhile about any important world topics.

    So, here I am jackasses to fill you in on the not so recent waffle shortage.

    I love waffles. My own personal fav is the
    GO LEAN Strawberry Wheat Waffles.
    They are the ones that have flax seed in them. Doesn’t that just sound yummy?
    I eat, I mean ate them just plain. With nothing on them. I would toast them and eat them in the car on the way to work.








    Nutrition Facts on GO Lean are:
    Calories 170
    Total Fat 3g
    Sodium 300mg
    Total Carbs 33g
    Sugars 4g
    Protein 8g


    Now I don’t know that they are the best thing for you, but they were yummy.


    So it really pissed me off when I went to the store and found there were no waffles. Just a sign saying there was a shortage.


    WTF?


    SO the sportsman the nice guy he is, looked up to see where he could get me some waffles. This is how I found out about the bigger problem.


    So I thought It was mega important for me to share the 411 with you about this terrible- sad- depressing issue.


    First let me say, Kashi was bought out by Kellogg.


    I’m not sure if you were aware or not but the Kashi plant for “waffles” has been shut down, for Oh, I don’t know like freakin forever. Actually, they have been not producing any for about a year now.


    Evidentially there was a flood at the Atlanta plant. So they are having to rebuild it.


    The Atlanta facility was also closed during the months of September and October to sanitize the plant after inspectors found Listeria monocytogenes -- bacteria that can cause serious infection.


    That doesn’t sound so yummy now does it.

    Kellogg agreed to recall about 4,500 cases of Eggos in September 2009 after a routine state inspection turned up Listeria in a sample of Buttermilk Eggo Waffles.


    Thank goodness I Don’t eat that kind.


    So between the flood and the bacteria, Kellogg said shortages could last until the middle of next year.


    So what does all this mean?
    It means, hello NO FREAKIN waffles.


    It has been such a long time since I have had one, that I think maybe now I will just move on to another delicious breakfast item. I’m not so sure that when they finally get them back in the grocery store I will even go back to eating them.
    What a sad loss.
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/08/important-world-issues.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive