Friday, April 9, 2010

Reckless

    What does the word “Reckless” mean to you?



    Here I go again with my awesome definitions.


    Reckless means: without thought of danger;
    marked by a lack of thought about danger or other possible undesirable consequences ;
    "with a reckless disregard for the established safety procedures" ;


    Have you ever been reckless in your life? Is there ever a just cause for being reckless? I don’t think so, but when in the heat of the moment I don’t think anyone is thinking, hmmmmm maybe this is a wrong choice.

    I shouldn't be drinking this alcohol, cause Im not of legal age;
    I shouldn't be smoking this pot, cause it is most definately illegal;
    I shouldn't be at this party, cause they are doing things I don't want to be a part of;
    I shouldn't be hooking up with this guy, cause If I get pregnant I am too young to raise a child;

    No, you just run with it.


    I know perosnally when I was younger I did my fair share of being reckless. To be honest I am amazed I made it to the age of 21. So obviously, there is a God out there looking out for me. During those days.


    Since I have been there and done that, I feel as if I am qualified to give out advice. (at least to my kids)I wanna hope that they would listen.


    The problem is I'm not sure they are. They don't seem to care what experiences I have had. Even though I only have their best interst at heart.  Isn't that what all parents want for their children.


    I know ultimately, I have no room to lecure them about being responsible, after all that I did at their very same age. My gosh the horror, if MY mother had known the kinds things I was out doing. So it makes me feel kinda like a hypocrit.

    Yes, I was a free spirit back then, but that is no excuse for all the things I did, with no regard to anyone or anything. Or is it just maybe all part of being a kid? Some say yes, and others say no. It's so different when it's YOUR child.


    Honestly, my kids are angels compared to how I was. They are pretty amazing kids. BUT because I was so wild is exactly why I feel I should be all up in their buisness. I know, personal freakin space. I get it.


    I also know that most  people, not just young ones end up learning the hard way in life.
    On their own.

     If I could just help prevent the hard times that can come by making b a d choices.
    Maybe then I would worry less?














    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/04/reckless.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive