Tuesday, April 13, 2010

FRIENDS: Past, Present, and Future

    Friends

    You make them in grade school, Jr high, High School and even College.

    You find that one friend that you just cannot live without. You do everything together.

    As you grow up, you and your BFF make so many plans for the future.

    Sometimes they pan out, sometimes not. Sometimes things change. Sometimes one moves away and sometimes the other one moves on. You keep in touch, but it is never the same.

    Then you become adults. Your views in life change. As most do, cause honestly when you’re a teen what the hell do you really know about the freakin world? Not, a whole heck of a lot. Youre just living in the minute, everything is a good time.

    Eventually you and your BFF move in separte directions. You get married and have your own family / life.

    As time goes on, you make new friends at your job, in your neighbor hood, at your kid’s school, and at your yoga class, you even reconnect with some old friends from school.

    These are not the same types of friendships as your original BFF. This is not a bad thing. It is just a different type of friendship, because now you are not a teen anymore.

    Now, I have come to meet some really amazing people over the last 20 years. Ones that I have shared new experiences and made new memories with. These new friends are very important to me.

    However, the impact of your first true friendship will forever stay with you. It has helped shape who you are.

    I still think about mine every day. I know that seems silly, but there is always something in my day that happens or I hear or see that reminds me of her. We may not be as close as we once were, but I will never forget the great times we had together. Those were the days, that I had the time of my life. No, regrets.

    Anyone out there still in touch
    with his or her childhood best friend?
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/04/friends-past-present-and-future.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive