Friday, July 9, 2010

Concert Review of the WEEK

    This last week I went to see RUSH in concert.
    Now RUSH was my very first concert I ever saw, back when I think I was in 6th or 7th grade. I went with my older step sister. We lived in Wyoming at the time. I remember I stood right in front of the stage by a huge speaker. Of course I couldn’t hear a freakin thing after it was over. It was soooo kickass!



    Let’s just say that the band left an ever lasting impression on me.
    I will forever l o v e this band.

    So when I found out (thru some friends) that they were coming to my area, I got on the sportsman immediately to secure us some tickets. Hell Yeah!!!!!


    Did I mention that the sportsman told me multi times that this was a “guys” band? No? Well I don’t agree with that. However there really weren't all that many women at the concert. Whats up with that? Shorter line at the potty. ha ha ha.


    The whole night was perfect. The weather was great. The music and show were phenomenal. I had the best time (even with the sportsman). I drank a little too much, but it was all good.


    It was almost like the first time I saw them in concert many many years ago.

    I took a couple of pictures however, my iphone photos SUCK. So you will just have to take my word that it was an amazing show.


    Now I like all their music, but I am beginning to think I like their newest stuff better. If you havent ever seen this band I recommend that you go check them out.

    They are a must see!!!!!
    So here is a little bit of info, on this awesome band.
    Band members
    Geddy Lee – bass, lead vocals, keyboards, mellotron, bass and synthesizer pedals, electric and acoustic rhythm guitar (September 1968 – present)
    Alex Lifeson – six and twelve-string acoustic and electric guitars, classical guitar, mandolin, mandola, bouzouki, backing vocals, bass and synthesizer pedals (August 1968 – present)
    Neil Peart – drums, electronic and acoustic percussion (July 1974 – present)


    FORMER MEMBERS
    • John Rutsey – drums, percussion, backing vocals (August 1968 – July 1974)
    • Jeff Jones – bass, lead vocals (August 1968 – September 1968)
    _______________________________________________________

    Discography
    STUDIO ALBUMS
    • Rush (1974)
    • Fly by Night (1975)
    • Caress of Steel (1975)
    • 2112 (1976)
    • A Farewell to Kings (1977)
    • Hemispheres (1978)
    • Permanent Waves (1980)
    • Moving Pictures (1981)
    • Signals (1982)
    • Grace Under Pressure (1984)
    • Power Windows (1985)
    • Hold Your Fire (1987)
    • Presto (1989)
    • Roll the Bones (1991)
    • Counterparts (1993)
    • Test for Echo (1996)
    • Vapor Trails (2002)
    • Snakes & Arrows (2007)
    • Clockwork Angels (2011)



    RUSH is a Canadian rock band formed in August 1968, in the Willowdale neighbourhood of Toronto, Ontario.


    Since the release of the band's self-titled debut album in March 1974, Rush has become known for the instrumental skills of its members, complex compositions, and eclectic lyrical motifs drawing heavily on science fiction, fantasy, and libertarian philosophy, as well as addressing humanitarian, social, emotional, and environmental concerns.


    Musically, Rush's style has changed over the years, beginning in the vein of blues-inspired heavy metal on their first album, then encompassing hard rock, progressive rock, and a period dominated by synthesizers.


    Rush has won a number of Juno Awards, and was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1994. As a group, Rush possesses 24 gold records and 14 platinum (3 multi-platinum) records. Over their careers, the members of Rush have been acknowledged as some of the most proficient players on their respective instruments, with each band member winning numerous awards in magazine readers polls.


    Rush's sales statistics place them third behind The Beatles and The Rolling Stones for the most consecutive gold or platinum studio albums by a rock band.

    The band is currently touring North America on the Time Machine Tour. Upon completion of the tour, the band is scheduled to continue writing and recording their next studio album Clockwork Angels for release in early 2011.


    More than 30 years of activity has provided Rush with the opportunity for musical diversity across their discography. As with many bands known for experimentation, changes have inevitably resulted in dissent among critics and fans. The bulk of the band's music has always included synthetic instruments in some form or another, and this is a great source of contention in the Rush camp, especially the band's heavy reliance on synthesizers and keyboards during the 1980s.


    The members of Rush have themselves noted that people "either love Rush or hate Rush.


    Rush actively participates in philanthropic causes.


    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/07/concert-review-of-week.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment