Thursday, October 8, 2009

Letting GO


    There comes a point in every parent’s life, when its time to let go. (and times when they are a teenagers that you want them to go- LMAO)

    I’ll never forget when my daughter first got her license. Every time she left the house and I would hear a siren, I would immediately call her to make sure she was alright.

    Now she is 19 and I still call when I know she is in the area and I hear sirens. I don’t think that will ever change. The panic of worrying if they can make it out in the "Real World".

    My daughter complains all the time to me. How none of her friends have to check in with their mothers. I honestly don’t tell her she has to check in with me. She is 19 for crying out loud. BUT I do text her and ask her “where are you at? Who are you with? When will you be home?” and she always tells me.
    I also remind her about drinking and driving and stay away from people who do drugs. Too late about warning her about tatoos, cause she already has enough on her to last a lifetime.(something I dont agree with, but none the less her choice)

    Yes, this is every conversation we have. I want it to stay in her head like a broken record. I feel like she still wants me to be a big part of her life and that I still have some influence on what she does or she would have told me to butt out long ago.

    Now she is talking about moving out and getting a roommate. I know its time, but I’m not ready yet. I have told her to warn her roommate that I will pop in at any time, to see how she is doing. Of course her reply was “Really, is that freakin necessary”?

    I know people always say this, but I can honestly remember, as if it was yesterday my little girl on her first day of kindergarten. I do want her to be able to make it in the “Real World” without me, but sometimes it just so hard to let go.

    Time flys when you’re not looking and then they are gone.Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2009/10/letting-go.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment