Friday, October 9, 2009

Family Traditions


    Everyone has a “Family Tradition”. What you may think is normal, may seem strange to someone else.


    I got to thinking today, with the holidays getting closer. How traditions change over time as the older family members die off or new members are added by birth or marriage into the family.

    One tradition that my family has, is no matter whose birthday it is the other sibling also gets one small gift. So that they won’t feel left out. When my husband and I first got married he thought this was absolutely crazy. He had never heard of such a thing. (he had no idea what he was getting into with my family)We still do this even now and my kids are old enough to not feel left out.

    Another tradition we have is on Christmas Eve you are allowed to open one small gift. Normally, I have previously marked the box so that I know what’s in the package before hand , and I always make sure it’s their Hallmark ornament. I think the kids are on to me.

    As the younger children grow up and take over, old traditions are amended. It sad if you really think about it. No one lives long enough to carry on the original “Tradition”.

    With the changes over times, the one thing however that never changes is the fact that you are coming together for a purpose and that is to be with “Family”.Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2009/10/family-traditions.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment