Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cover of Rolling Stone

    I remember when I was growing up there was this song by Dr. Hook. It was called “The cover of Rolling Stone”. Anyone? Anyone?

    Ever heard that one? Well I L o v e d it.
     Dr. Hook had some pretty freakin awesome songs.



    Anyways, I used to get Rolling Stone magazine when I lived in California. I used to read/look thru them all the time.

    I also used to collect certain ones that I thought had kickass covers that might be worth something down the road.

    I always thought Rolling Stone was a pretty hip magazine.


    Then for whatever reason, I just quit reading and collecting them.


    Then recently I was digging thru an old boxes of shit in my garage from my younger days ( I was looking for old photos) whatever, and during my search found some old love letters (we will just save that one for another time) so as I was searching, I came across a Rolling Stone that had saved long ago. It was the Red Hot Chilie Peppers almost naked on the front mag.

    Now for that time, being ½ naked on the front of a cover was a big freakin deal. I guess you have to roll with the times or you get left behind. and damn nudity sells!


    So out of curiousity, I recently looked on the net to see what other wild and crazy covers for Rolling Stone there have been over the years. Here are some I found.


     So do any of YOU currently read Rolling Stone? Do you have any fav's? I would love to know.




    Enjoy.



    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/10/cover-of-rolling-stone.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment