Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Whose Finals are they?

    Yes, I am going to bitch about having to help my kid with his studying.



    So just get over it.

    That doesn’t make me a crappy mom, just an honest one.

    I also never said I didn’t sit for freakin hours on Sunday going over every damn subject with him.


    There is a very good reason; I barely made it out of High School. I seriously hate studying. I know who does, right! But some kids are just made differently. Some are very driven to succeed. You know the ones, that take college courses in H.S. Well, no surprise there, I was not one of those kids. I however, was the type of kid that knew where all the bad ass parties were. Now that’s an achievement right? Did I mention that I had the time of my life during my High School years? No regrets!

    Anyways, back to why I was cramming for finals that I wasn't really gonna take. I was worried if I didn’t sit and make sure my son was studying, he would be taking breaks every 5 minutes. This is his first year of ever having finals in every class.

    So I was trying to explain to him how it works, by talking to him about the T.V. show “Felicity”, which if you don’t know is story based on a young girls college experience. I have the box set DVD’s. So, I was using this movie as a reference because I did not go to college, (again, no surprise there. Instead I ran away to California to live at age 19) Hence, the fact that I really don’t know how the whole college thing works. So I am talking about the show and my son says, “Mom, I don’t know what the heck you’re talking about, I’m a GUY and seriously do you really think I have ever watched Felicity”! Hell no! So apparently using that analogy was a wasted effort.

    I'm sure he will do fine, he is a very smart kid, makes really good grades, but it doesn't make me worry any less.

    Did I mention that I used to be the life of the party, fun, fun, fun all the time, and now I’m considered the  “Fun Sucker”(who am I and what happened to the real me?)! My kids think I am such a “Patsy”; they have no idea how crazy I was, and I honestly am fine with that. I would never want my kids doing the wild things I did in my younger days. Let me just leave it at, who ever said being a parent wasn’t easy, sure nailed the hammer on the head on that one. I agree 100%.







    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2009/12/whose-finals-are-they.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive