Friday, December 11, 2009

Important Documents


    Where do you keep your important documents? You know like your marriage license, your kid’s birth certificates, and SS cards. The reason I ask, is recently during a conversation with a friend, we were talking about being pack rats and hoarding things, for fear of throwing them away and the subject came up about where I keep my important documents.


    I’m a little bit embarrassed to share this, and didn’t realize that it seemed so, not normal until it actually came out my mouth.





    So here’s how it went down.

    Me: So, whats up with the cleaning , is this a New Years resolution?
    JiffyPop Girl: No, I was looking for something.
    Me: Wow, must have been important. Don’t you have a place for that kinda of stuff?
    JiffyPop Girl: I have a folder on my desk full of stuff that needs to go to my safety deposit box (for 3 years now), but just haven’t made it there yet. What about you?
    Me: Um, well, I keep most all of my important stuff in my underwear drawer.
    JiffyPop Girl: Long pause, um, ok why do you keep it in there?
    Me: You know, I um wear underwear every day, and so this way I couldn’t possibly forget where I put them.
    JiffyPop Girl: Seriously? Your not kidding? You must have a rather large underwear drawer.
    Me: No, not really. I’m just really organized is all.

    So now I’m pretty confident that my friend thinks I am completely not in my right mind, and the cat is probably out of the bag as I am sure she is already in the process of telling all our friends how strange I am, that I keep my family’s important documents in my underwear drawer.

    So at this point will it make any difference
    if I tell her I was just making it up(not really),
    or just let it go?
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2009/12/important-documents.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive