Monday, December 7, 2009

Agree to Disagree


    I say this a lot and there is a reason for this. It’s the world we live in today, on a daily basis I have multi conversations with people that we both feel we are right (for the most part I’m right, not really just messin). The conversations with these certain ppl almost always ends in, I agree to disagree with you.


    How did so many ppl get this way? Where everyone thinks they know it all and don’t even want to consider the other persons point of view. I know there are facts and there are opinions. However I feel like a lot of the reasons for not agreeing are not based on facts. So what is the real reason for not agreeing? Is it lack of trust? Is it laziness, to put the effort into checking out things to make a better informed opinion? Is it that you’ve been tainted by someone else’s views? Is it that every one wants to be the leader and no one wants to follow?

    Hello, what is the real reason?

    Since this is a hot topic for me(and when I say HOT I mean it completely pisses me off), I personally always almost always try to listen and even dig a little deeper before I make my decision and/or form my opinion about the subject that is being discussed.


    But don’t forget, I am a very impatient person. So you have to state your case and be damn quick about it, or I will have already moved on to a conversation with someone else.

    On an average the touchy topics I find myself discussing are:

    Religion-To believe or not, is there more than just believing
    Soccer- Recreational vs Club- People just so you know, I can talk ALL day long about soccer.
    Political Issues- I can’t think of any at the moment, but I am sure there are some. This is not my area of expertise; therefore I tend to shy away from this type of conversation.
    Sex/Relationships- What’s acceptable vs what’s moral (this one is my favorite, and No it doesn’t make me a pervert!)
    Money- To spend or not to spend

    So listen ppl, are you listening?
     STOP being so closed minded
     and
    take the time to really think about
    what is being said to you.

    You just might freakin learn something!
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2009/12/agree-to-disagree.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive