Thursday, June 24, 2010

Childrens TV Shows

    Does anyone else find that some of the cartoons on TV are just a little bit disturbing? Or  am I the only freakin one?

    Although my kids are mostly too old to watch “kid type” shows anymore. I am pretty sure that when they were watching shows like Sponge Bob the adult type humor was going way over their heads.
    Which was probably a damn good thing.


    FYI- Just cause it’s a cartoon or animated doesn’t make it something that is kid appropriate.


    My beef in general is more with the fact that some of the kids shows seem to me to be just a little bit on the violent side. I know this is nothing new. Its been going on for freakin years.


    Which makes me think that maybe kids shouldn’t watch tv at all. I can tell you that my kids would not agree with that assessment.


    Now that I think about it, when you look back at the childrens shows in the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s. I most definitely find some of them distrubing.
    WTF?
    Why it is that in most of the shows the people look more like child molesters? And why would they think that would be so appealing to a small child?


    Some of the shows I watched when I was little were Mr. Green Jeans, Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Road Runner, and Captain Kangeroo.

    Then there are those shows from the 80’s/90’s, like Sponge Bob, Ren and Stimpy, the Simpsons, and Beavis and Butthead.
    Definately NOT a kids type of show.
    I guess I must not have paid too much attention back in the day when my kids were little, cause I let them watch cartoons all the time.


    Really aren’t cartoons put on this planet for the soul purpose of shutting up your kids and to give the parents a little bit of freakin F R E E time.


    What do you allow your kids to watch? How much do you let them watch? Do you know what they are watching?
    and
    Do you find any of them just a little bit disturbing?


    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/06/childrens-tv-shows.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment