Monday, January 11, 2010

Who said too much TV will rot your brain?


    How “Mighty Mendit” came into our lives. Well, and all the other items that I have in my kitchen/house, due to those damn infomercials.

    Are you one of those people, like my sportsman and my son? Who every time a informational commercial comes on with a “new" product, they think they just have to have it.


    This has been going on for many years in my house. If it’s something they really like (Magic Bullet) they will watch the same infomercial over and over. Hello, they are all the same. So why would someone need to watch it more than once? I honestly don’t get it. Although there are a lot of really good items. We have come to find that not everything works as well as you see it on TV.

    Here is a list of must haves, or so my sportsman thought. At least the majority of the things we have bought were for the kitchen. Here’s the real topper, I don’t even cook!


    -Mighty Mendit


    -Perfect Pancake Maker- used it once, doesn’t work.


    - George Foreman Grill- nothing like really lean hamburgers


    -Windshield Wonder- we actually bought this one for my mother.


    -The Magic Bullet- we actually do make shakes all the time with this.


    -Ove Glove- An oven mitt that can withstand extreme heat up to 480 degrees


    -The perfect Strainer, pots and pans set


    - The big city slider-makes mini hamburgers


    - Mighty Putty-Also bought this one for my mother.


    -Snuggie- for my dog- she wears it sometimes.


    -doggie steps- the wiener uses it all the time.


    - Space Bags to go- My mom actually bought this one for me.


    Most recently while my son and I were in the gym, Point and Paint came on the TV and my son looked at me with a gleam in his eye, and said “oh we have to get that for you, since you paint all the time”. Always the excuse for why we “just have to” buy something.

    Here is something I would have for sure bought, the Emery cat, have you seen it? It’s like a huge emery board for your cat’s claws. However our cat died last year. So I don’t really see the need for it now.

    The more I think about it, the more dumbfounded I am that we own all this paraphernalia. What is wrong with us? Too much TV? Quite possibly.


    I honestly think it’s more like, I just need to practice the word NO.
    I almost forgot, the reason we just had to buy "Mighty Mendit" was we have a small rip in our sofa cushion (prob from those damn wild dogs) so my sportsman thought he would try and fix it with this stuff.
    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/01/who-said-too-much-tv-will-rot-your.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive