Sunday, January 10, 2010

Up & Down

    It’s sooooo damn easy after the rush of Thanksgiving and Christmas to fall into a winter FUNK.
    Why ? I’ll tell you why, you spend months preparing for a holiday that lasts for one day, and then its over.

    Yes, all that excitement and then its back to your ordinary same ole same ole life. Then to top it off, you have months of somber, dark, artic, and snowy weather.


    Well, I suppose not for those of you who live in a sunny area, but for the rest of the damn world, we get to deal with the crap weather. Nothing to look forward to till Valentine’s Day. Which is just another day to get all aroused about and then you end up being totally and completely let down.


    Or maybe that’s just me?
    That really chaps my ass!

    So anyways statistics say………………………

    You should just freakin move someplace warm and sunny during the winter months, to prevent any “blah” moments. Not really, I’m just jackin with you, but wouldn’t that be nice to have the money and freedom to just pick up and move locations. I personally would do it in a nano second.

    Instead I am stuck here in the “winter weather misery”. I’m not making light about the melancholy part. Statistics do really say that the dismal weather does really cause seasonal depression.


    I know after the New Year that you are supposed to make a resolution. Something to look forward to, some kind of change your going to implement into you life. I’m not sure how many of you really believe in this ludicrousness idea, but if you couldn’t make the change during the sunny happy time of the year, what the heck makes you think you can change it during the gloomy bleak time of the year???? If you can make it work, I wanna know your secret!

    So after I was done having my pity party, where all my friends wrote me and told me wacky insane things to cheer me up. I decided that I was going to make a list of all the reasons not to be discouraged about the weather. I also did an analysis, gathered some info from some people I know (short list, ok very short list, ok, really I made the whole survey up myself) to see what their thoughts were on non-bleak activities, rituals, etc.

    Here is what I found out, it’s all a bunch of poppycock! No not really but I like to use that word. Here is really what I think maybe I’ll run with for my own personal use, but the jury is still out on these at the moment.

    1. Light therapy- Let me break it down for you, that means basically you sit in front of a "light box" for a certain amount of time. Not sure how that keeps me from being pessimistic.


    2. Travel Channel- I’m convinced that if you watch this and pretend that you are really someplace else that should raise your spirits a little.


    3. Shopping with friends- I know for some people like (Heather) shopping doesn’t cure sadness, actually quite the opposite effect. However, for the majority of people, shopping does wonders. I’m thinking maybe though spending money you don’t have can be counter productive.


    4. Yoga- Again, I have tried it, and I’m not sure that it is all that soothing. Maybe I’m just doing it wrong. Story of my life.


    5. When having a sad moment, strip down naked and run outside in the freezing cold snow. See if that doesn’t give you something else to think about.


    I’ll stop at 5, it’s my lucky #. I will get back to you on how well these new ideas turn out for me. Somehow I don’t think I better hold my breath on any of these working. I might die of lack of oxygen. It’s not to say that one of these might not work for you.Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/01/up-down.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive