Thursday, May 13, 2010

Keep on Running

    Memories
    My son and my sportsman participate in a lot of runs during the year.
    I have mentioned before that my son runs every day when he isn’t at soccer practice. (weather permitting, of course)



    I spend a shitload of money on running shoes (for my kid). Did you know that there is a time limit on your shoes? I can’t remember how many miles, but your suppose to get new pair after you have put so many miles on them. Does anyone know specifics on this?


    So my son likes to run. I think thats an awesome thing. I know that when I am out exercising I feel an amazing sense of being f r e e.


    There is nothing like being outside and breathing in the fresh air and feeling the sun shine down on your face. (I guess you probably shouldn’t be looking up while running, kinda dangerous)


    Well it’s that time again for both of them to start participating in this summers 5k’s.


    Now neither one of them run to win. Seems silly, No? I know that my son personally runs just to better his time. That is his own personal achievement.


    You may also be wondering why with all my gym time that don’t I participate in any of these runs? Well let me just tell you.


    My biggest reason is I like to be at the end of the race, close to that last corner so I can cheer my guys on. There is no better feeling (well there is but in a different arena) than seeing your child giving it his all to make it to the finish line. The fact alone that he wants to participate in these types of things gives me great joy.


    I think it is so important for them to have someone there yelling encouraging words on that final lap, when they feel like they are dying and are thinking they just might not make it to the end.


    There is no other place I would rather be than at the end when my son crosses that finish line.

    When I die, I want this to be one of my sons memories, of how much I love him and how proud I am.


    Thats what its all about.

    Plus, I am too slow and I don’t want everyone waiting around at the end for the “slow lady” to make it across the finish line so they can get their times.


    It’s all good.

    Source URL: http://anacostiaque.blogspot.com/2010/05/keep-on-running.html
    Visit anacostiaque for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment